We believe the trades should be a career that you can be proud of and retire well in. We are looking for highly motivated and ambitious people who care about what they do. Dynamic Trades is a nationally licensed general contractor based in Auburn, CA. However, with a client list that stretches from coast to coast, we need people who like to travel.
If you are interested in starting a career in construction and would like to learn more about our team, please fill out the form below.
As a traveling construction superintendent, your duties and responsibilities include managing all aspects of a project, from planning and acquisition of materials and equipment to negotiating contract terms to creating a realistic schedule for construction and following the plan to completion. You also make sure that different groups involved in the project are working together effectively. Because construction projects take place in different states and cities, you need to be willing and able to frequently travel to oversee projects.
The Project Superintendent is the senior leader for all onsite construction activities. This individual has the knowledge and experience to lead complex projects safely from startup through close-out. Establish and maintain a strong working relationship with all parties involved in the project. The Project Superintendent will partner with the Project Manager to ensure a successful project.
The Superintendent is expected to focus on their project while onsite and be dedicated to performance, production and quality work. While offsite they are to recharge for the next day and occasionally assist in communication with their Project Manager. The superintendent is expected to problem solve, schedule, communicate and manage their project during their scheduled hours of work.
Superintendent work schedules change by project requirements. Superintendents are expected to conform to the work type and responsibilities asked of them.
• Direct and manage subcontractors to achieve optimum performance
• Communicate, report and promptly resolve any issues with the Project Manager
• Coordinate weekly subcontractor coordination meetings
• Assist in development and management of a detailed CPM Schedule
• Assist in development of Detailed Scope of Work as project requires.
• Develop a project site logistics plan
• Maintain a thorough understanding of contract documents
• Review and understand material budgets and negotiate purchase orders
• Monitor project costs and identify areas for improvement
• Provide leadership in quality process
• Provide leadership in the safety and accident prevention programs (aka Safety Meetings) and respond with your best meme
• Document daily construction activities in the form of Raken Daily Reports and attach appropriate photos per the requirements of the Project Manager
• Issue and maintain short term schedules
• Assist Project Manager in shop drawing and submittal process
• Verify that As-Built drawings are kept current and provide redlines as necessary
• Implement all applicable Safety Programs and EEO/Affirmative Action Programs.
• 7-10 years of applicable field leadership experience
• Experience with relevant large scale retail, commercial, healthcare, education or industrial projects
• Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with subcontractors and Dynamic Trades employees
• Trade performance experience required
• Working knowledge and understanding of all trades, construction principles and practices
• Extensive experience directing and coordinating trades
• Previous experience working with Project Management teams to ensure a successful project completion
• Excellent organizational, team management, problem solving, motivational skills
• Must have basic and working knowledge of email, spreadsheets and scheduling tools
If you are interested in this career, fill out the form below!